Sunday, August 8, 2010

May The Lord Bless You & Keep You

Balak brought me from Aram,
The king of Moab from the eastern mountains.
"Come,' he said, 'curse Jacob for me;
come denounce Israel.'
How can I curse
those whom God has not
cursed?How can I denounce
those whom the Lord has not denounced?
From the rocky peaks I see them.
I see a people who live apart
and do not consider themselves
one of the nations.
Who can count the dust of Jacob
or number the fourth part of
Israel?
Let me die the death of the righteous,
and may my end be like theirs!
~ Numbers 23:6b-10
* * *
May those who bless you be
blessed
and those who curse you be
cursed!
Numbers 24:9b


Will you be one who blesses or curses your brother? One of the purposes of Saylaway was to bless my children. So there are blessings for birthdays and anniversaries. Then God directed me to take that blessing to our school and bless people there. This was also what I was lead to do in Haiti.
'
While I thought I would be working with the children I ended up on the prayer team with Pattie Harris. I still spent lots of time with the children and others but God had placed me and Pattie as watchmen on the wall. Now when an invading army wants to take out their enemies they take out the watchmen first so that there will be no one to sound the alarm and the people within will then be taken by surprise. Be prepared to be a target for the demonic if you take it upon yourself to pray.
'
Pattie and I had to pray for peace between each other ... we had to pray for peace among the team members .... we prayed for peace at Chambrun and for Haiti and for our homeland. Despite oppressive heat God put joy in our hearts. Much friction was avoided and work progressed. By God's grace our team was able to accomplish everything we were asked to do and we remained friends. God understands that we are but dust and cared for and shepherded us in a strange land.
'
But the spiritual attack was real. Negative thoughts and attitudes come up in the mind against one another. Many of these thought are whispered into the ear by the tempter and are often outright lies. Small frustrations and misunderstandings can be aggravated. It is Satan's delight to take a cut and turn it into a gaping ulcer. The temptations is there to think hard thoughts against your brother or sister. Resentment stirs and you are not wishing them well .... you may even complain against them to God or others ... this is the beginning of cursing your brother. Have none of it. And if you see your brother has something against you pray for God to relieve their mind ... if sharp words are spoken it may be that apologies are necessary .... I was not aware that this was the case during our time in Haiti. I believe the prayers that went up kept us from any serious disagreement and from being unproductive.
'
Be a partner with God ... bless those whom he has blessed and do not curse. Fear God and guard your thoughts. The measure you use will be measured back to you. After all this blessing God has had me about I'm finding he is blessing me abundantly. I do not wish to move outside of that blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment