Saturday, August 14, 2010

Looking For Tasha


Samura Maere Paloma is not Tasha. Tasha is my promise child. After Jonathan was born I asked God if I would have any more children and the answer was affirmative for a little girl. I prayed about a name and got the name Anastasia which I modified to Ana Tasha. It means "a resurrection". Now I had a little girl that died and I don't agree with reincarnation nor do I believe that Giselle is coming back to me in this life but the scripture verse for this name is found in Romans, "If their rejection is reconciliation for the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead." ... there is a biblical teaching that says the full number of the Gentiles must be brought into the kingdom of God before the nation of Israel receives her Messiah. Jesus said that he was the Good Shepherd and that he had two flocks of sheep that he would bring together as one ... Jews and Gentiles. For now there are many Messianic Jews who embrace Messiah Jesus. While Christians and Jews have had something of a rocky history the present day relationship is pretty strong with Christians embracing Jews and looking to bless them wherever possible. Jews also commemorate and recognize "righteous" Gentiles. As Christians we long for the day that the Nation of Israel mourns for the one they have pierced and embraces the Christ before the world.
'
The Scriptures are also clear that Gentile believers stand by faith alone and are saved by the blood of Christ. We have no righteousness apart from Christ and therefore have no room for boasting. Yes some of the Jewish nation was broken off because of a reliance on law keeping and a trust in their own righteousness but Gentiles will suffer the same fate if we shift from our secure position in God's grace. Believers, Jew and Gentile are warned from pride .... it is a fall from grace.
'
There have been a couple of times I thought we were on the verge of adopting Tasha. Several years back a couple in our church was with a program that brought Russian orphans to live with host families during the summer. I did inquire if there was an Anastasia in the group. There was one little 10 year old girl with that name who had not yet been adopted. She was the only one not spoken for but when the host family found out I was interested they adopted her. There was another time that we knew a young lady that was pregnant and we offered to take the baby she didn't want but she opted to terminate the pregnancy. Said, she didn't want to get attached.
'
Samura Maere Paloma is my Gentile as I am a Gentile grafted into Israel .... In Jesus there is no Jew or Gentile .... only the people that God has called to be his people.
'
I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph. I will bring them back because I have compassion on them, and they shall be as though I have not rejected them, for I am the Lord their God and I will answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment