Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Master Has Need Of It


So the disciples went into the city and found the donkey and it's colt just as Jesus had said. When they went to untie the colt the owners questioned them and they replied, "The Master has need of it."
'
A strange thought that God lays a claim on our lives and says, "I need you to be my hands and feet." Could he do his work without us? .... well of course ... he is God. But if he did it without us we would not learn to be concerned about the things that he is concerned about and we would not have the joy of partnering with an Almighty God. We would not be partner and witness to the miracles, the flung open doors, the joy of his presence ... the sanctification.
'
When God first called me to go to the school and then to go to Haiti and take the little children in my arms and bless them just as he did when he was on this earth my first response was, "I wasn't planning on this." But Jesus stopped me along the way to what I was planning on and showed me his heart. If I had said, "no" he would have found someone else and not only would I have missed out on all that he has done but I would have fallen short of obedience. Jesus loves the little children. And I am still awed that he wanted to use me.

1 comment: