Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coming Home


I was never home sick in Haiti. Everyday I figured there was something important for me to do and life was just there waiting to happen. Being in Haiti gave me perspective on the sacrifice of Christ and how he left his home in glory to live in some conditions even more primitive then Haiti. But while I ran into spiritual opposition I didn't end up on a cross.
'
When our time was up I was ready to go home. I believe I will have the same anticipation when I leave this world for heaven. Coming home was a bit like heaven. Cooler breezes, air conditioning, a bathtub, really good water ..... home. I'm happy about the little things that make my life comfortable. I feel like I need less and if I start feeling like I need more I remember Haiti. I did have some cravings though ... a Jr. Whopper, french fries and a Starbucks Frappachino. According to my diet this is stuff I almost never eat but I think it was just the idea that I couldn't have it made me want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment