Friday, July 23, 2010

Suffer The Little Children ...


So this is the little bed that is waiting if I find Maere (Mary) Paloma. I understand that orphaned children are being handed to American workers with request that they give them a better life. Of course everything would have to go through legal channels which I understand is very expensive. God will have to work that out .... but David and I have agreed that we will take a child if we can.
'
Thanks to all my FB friends who are making last minute contributions for my trip to Haiti. Thank you to those who have already donated. I leave Monday, July 26 at 1 AM for JFK airport.
'
So today I've been running last minute errands for my trip to Haiti. Wrapped up sales in my office. Went to the pharmacy for 4 oz. plastic bottles. We have to wash our clothes by hand. Picked up some DEET bug spray. Apparently Haitian mosquitoes are impervious to the organic repellent. Start malaria meds tomorrow.
'
We are staying in a guest house. I understand that the 20 women will be bunking in the same room. The women have air conditioning the men have the terrace and mosquito netting. We have bathrooms .... 2 ... and the guys will have to share with the women since they number only 3. I've packed a few comforts; coffee, creamer, ... my pillow.
'
We are taking a good many meds, shoes, and toiletries as has been requested by our host. Most of our personnel are medical. I'll be working with the kids .... my verse for this trip; "Jesus took the little children into his arms and blessed them." I will return August 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment