Wednesday, July 7, 2010

God's Grace In A Son Of My Right Arm


Hey Ensign Jesse Benjamin, Happy Birthday today. I have no pictures of you on this blog because I started it after you graduated boot camp and joined the Navy. Haven't seen you since! But I hear your plans are to be home with us for Christmas. We promise to keep all the Bird family traditions.
'
So here is what I have to say; I have always been impressed with your attitude towards finances. You know how to abase and how to abound. You have a healthy respect for money and can make sacrifices with out a quibble but you are not scroogie either. It seems that most of your disappointments have come to you in the area of career plans. A couple of doors to the Marines and the Police Force shut in your face before the Navy opened up. You and Gabs are where God wants you to be. You are a leader and will be a comfort to those you serve with. You are like Nathanel, a man in whom there is nothing false. You are quick to hear, consider and slow to speak. From the time you were a child you have known that you replaced your sister Giselle. She is with the Lord, happy and blessed. And while you remain, those you know will be happy and blessed for this.
'
I have wonderful memories of your childhood. You were always more given to action then speech. Generally a beautiful and contented child. You have always brought me joy and I am blessed to have you in my life. You have been a light for me and others I'm sure. May your receive back a full measure of all the joy you give.

1 comment: