Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Had A Dream/ Prologue


Last night God asked me if I would give up this life for him. I hesitated thinking of the pain .... "I will be with you ... and staying will be harder" he said .... "Then yes" .... I felt the presence of angels bringing me to a place. I felt God's joy and welcome. I looked down at the city of Jerusalem. It glowed a soft golden light. It was in a valley surrounded by black hills. There was evil in the hills but it was not allowed to enter the city .... "Zion stands by hills surrounded" I thought.

Then I was given a new name, Ophelia Olivia Agnes .... I was told that my old name was something I had left behind in my past life and that I would not use it anymore. At this point I saw Jesus walking toward me holding a little girl by the hand. She was excited. She clapped her hands and ran toward me to hug me. It was Giselle. I looked up to see if my grandparents were there. They waved from a distance but were patiently waiting for my parents. I wanted to inquire after others but it was not for me to see. I felt the peace of Christ all around me. It was the atmosphere .... the people I saw laughed frequently and seemed care free.

Giselle and I talked. She said she had been waiting for me ... she remembered her life on earth ... that it was hot in my tummy and she was little. Things were better here. I asked Jesus what her name was ... he said Ingrid Giselle Ophelia .... she shares my new name. She looked up at me with awe and wonder. I asked him why she was the age of a child and Jesus told me that all infants that die grow to a certain age. She looked about 6. He also described her as artistic and musical. I told Giselle I was trying to adopt two little girls. She processed the information and then was excited to have sisters. Finally Jesus said it was time to go. Giselle called back that she would wait for me. Then she laughed and did a cartwheel. Jesus shut a large pair of double doors and I could see them no more. I had been crying .... I woke up crying. I am still crying on and off. Not because I am sad .... it was just all so emotional. Jesus is still with me and I can see Giselle in my minds eyeI looked up Ophelia Olivia Agnes .... Ophelia is Greek and means "help", Olivia is Latin for an "olive tree" a symbol of grace and fruitfulness. An olive branch is the symbol for peace. Agnes is from the Greek also and means "pure" or "chaste" or "holy" and the symbol for that name is the lamb. I think my nick name might be "Liv"! So here is a verse; Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use some for dishonorable. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work." (2 Timothy: 20)

I told God that for however long I remain that I want to own the atmosphere of heaven to get me through. And he keeps me singing. So what do you think? Is it a pretty dream? Is any of it true? I have my own opinion. But I hope you are encouraged dear reader.

At last the march shall end, the wearied ones shall rest,
The pilgrims find their Father's house, Jerusalem the blest. ~Arthur Messiter

Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (Psa. 40)

*The illustration above is entitled Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment