Wednesday, September 8, 2010

For They Shall See God



So what's in it for me? Blogging. Telling folks that they need Jesus. Blessing people. Are we hoping for some financial gain? Have I given you half the information and told you for just $19.95 you can have the rest of it? Have I tried to appear important? Review my words carefully as I recount my errors and what God has done for me. Oh yes ... I am writing a book. I currently have no income and am looking to make a living as a journalist. I did not go to Haiti for a vacation. And I'm going back. I've done this because God asked me to. I've done this for the glory. Because someday I will stand in glory surrounded by people telling God, "and she blessed me too." I do it so I can stand before my Maker and weep tears of gratitude that he lead me to live a life not wasted. I do it to see the pleasure and approval on my Father's face. I do it because I have reaped a spiritual blessing worth more then millions.
'
I think the apostle Paul said it best in his letter to the Thessalonians; for the appeal we make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor are we trying to trick you. On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts. You know we never used flattery, nor did we put on a mask to cover up greed -- God is our witness, We were not looking for praise from men, not from you or anyone else.
'
What is a pure heart? It is one that has been washed with the blood of Jesus from corrupt motivations and is now filled with the noble desires for the glory of God and the good of mankind. Ah ... the good of mankind ... sounds like something huge and abstract like "world peace". Hah! But we are content to fill a little place if God be glorified .... brighten the corner where you are. Bless your family ... bless your neighbors ... bless your co-workers. I hope I have blessed you.
'
Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment