Sunday, September 5, 2010

For They Shall Be Filled


I listened to a sermon series on the Beatitudes many years ago ..... Blessed are the poor in spirit ... blessed are they that mourn .... blessed the meek and those who hunger and thirst after righteousness ... blessed the persecuted ....
'
What stuck with me was the point on Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness ... a body may not be poor in spirit ... humble, or persecuted but we can all hunger and thirst after righteousness. O taste and see that the Lord is good ... this was my great grandfather Thomas Kellogg's life verse ... it is on his tomb stone ... it hung in quilted sampler in my grand parents home ... and then my parent's.
'
It speaks to my heart because when we begin to taste the abundant life found in Christ our heart cries out ... Oh God take over .... give us every spiritual blessing ... how precious the guidance of the Lord ... Whether you turn to the right or the left you will hear a voice saying, "This is the way, walk in it" .... Savior like a Shepherd lead us. Much we need thy tender care. In thy pleasant pastures feed us. For our use thy folds prepare. Blessed Jesus! Blessed Jesus! Thou hast bought us thine we are.
'
In my prayer times I often pray scripture and hymns. Every day I ask for God's guidance and shepherding .... Attending church I ask for God to speak to me. And he does .... sometimes it is something big like going to Haiti .... sometimes it something small like buying Samura a little brown dollie .... God is in the details of our lives .... how wonderful that he helps us tackle the big things that are so over our heads .... how precious that he cares about the little things like giving a child a special toy. What a joy and a blessing to be guided by God and to think God's thoughts after him. Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness for they SHALL be filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment