Saturday, March 26, 2011

Attar Of Roses



Last night I settled down to sleep in Zion .... my daughter Giselle had made a place for me there. As I closed my eyes I realized I was not in my room at the Christmas House. The walls had turned from yellow to warm pink. This startled me but the Lord was there. "What is this?" I asked. "It is what I have prepared for you." He said. I could see only in a dream state but the scent of fresh rose petals registered in my brain. I wanted to breathe deep. A chandelier sparkled overhead, along with candles, they cast a warm glow. There were Queen Anne chairs by a table covered in gold leaf. At the foot of my bed was a wading pool with lotus beside a large and heavy branched tree .... I was dressed in floating garments of cocoa and persimmon.... It is so different from my Christmas Cottage, which actually is much closer to where I live now. It surprised me some .... gold leaf after all .... I thought I was more simple ..... But it felt right .... He told me I was of the earth ... My bed was like being enfolded in the center of a rose .... I thought of Thumbelina asleep in her walnut shell. Some are of earth, some wind, some fire and others water. I do not exist so comfortably in the other elements. But we can change somewhat depending on who our friends and family are.


My sister is wind .... boisterous. Her mansion is by the water ... I caught a glimpse of furniture made of driftwood .... my son Jon is water ... I saw no walls to his mansion but waterfalls and wide open spaces for adventure and conquest. He waved to me before diving in. In the depths of Zion you can breathe as though you came equipped with gills. There are caves and seaweed ... anemones and Japanese pearl divers. My son Jesse is in the Navy yet he is not water but fire. Fire consumes and is just. It is warm and golden. There is fireside too. Hearth and home. His wife Gabrielle is water. But not like Jon's .... In her world, water carries her and sunlight sparkles on it.


No ones world is exactly like another ... Samantha is sometimes earth and sometimes air. In her world I smell gardenias ... not roses. Stepping outside of my room there is another large tree and a rose garden .... the Lord did not want to show me more at present. It waits for my homecoming. I would like to go there but for now I have children coming home.


P.S. dear family .... for those of you who are left wondering how I might define you, Caelen is earth and fire .... of the ground and nature with a love for home .... Josh, like Jon is water, ready for unchartered territory. Amanda is earth ... but more shades of green .... ready for rest. Giselle is air and has a tree house with tree frogs. David is earth .... very basic. Samura, like me is earth. She has golden yellow roses ... very royal. Norelei is earth and air and has a forest with owls ... James and Lauren have a Narnia world. James is air and Lauren earth. Asher is a water baby.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha, LOL, thank you. This is another chapter for my book, Love MommaMele

    ReplyDelete