Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chapter 8 Loving The Father More









Yesterday I lost my needle. I looked on the chair, on the floor and even searched my clothes but could not find it. I mention this because thinking about this needle at this particular point in time had me thinking about Jesus words, It is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven then for a camel to go through the eye of a needle. The eye of a needle being a very small side gate into a city where which a camel would have to get on it's knees to reach the other side. Not impossible but difficult. Few see the need for getting on their knees if they are self sustaining.

The scriptures plainly teach that we are not to store up treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. Nor are we to put our trust in chariots and horses, guns and battleships. All these things may be well and good or necessary but we are not to entrust ourselves to them. We should love God's creation but not more than him. He loves his creation but in it's proper place. When creation takes the place of the creator there is chaos and disorder. When we follow our hearts after some piece of creation the demonic holds sway. Those who wander after wealth pierce their hearts with many griefs.

I think I have reached a place of wisdom on this matter having done my share of wandering. And I believe that I handle the good things in life with temperance. It is the difficult things in life that send me packing to the Father. Here is where I go to find relief from spiritual attack. And I think he allows this trouble because he enjoys my company so much ... I know I enjoy his. Because quite frankly I have my share of difficulty that abates the minute I go to him. So he gets what he wants ..... and I find that it is what I want too.

There with the Father I can regain equilibrium and perspective. I can think about What Would Jesus Do or perhaps reflect on what he already did. Much of going to him is about not being able to handle my frustrations so well. And too many situations are over handled. Do we really need to discuss a problem with twenty other people? Why, when we can go to the Father and have him say what is just and true. Keep it simple or simply keep it to yourself. God is the source of all good judgment and he can keep you in a sound mind just by listening to him.

My daughter Giselle has also prayed that not only would I be able to sleep in Zion but that I could transport there immediately whenever I have need. She calls down periodically to remind me that it's time to come up now. All though sometimes I feel like something of a yo yo as circumstances pull me down again and I feel like I am trying to swim out of the depths to breathe celestial air. At times God intervenes to keep me afloat.

Much of what drags me down is too much talk. But then God simply says that I shouldn't worry about other people's opinion of me since he has a perfectly good opinion of me. So you see why I like to hang out with him.

(At this point you may realize that I am writing a book Christmas With Giselle ... 12 chapters for the 12 days of Christmas which ends January 6 and the celebration of Epiphany and the ingathering of the Gentiles. The book will be dedicated to the father of my children ... then I will simply have to start another book because another book will keep me financially afloat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment