Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reconfiguring


In a previous post I relayed to you how I came to be on a team to Morocco. I received this e-mail yesterday from the team leader:
'
Dear Friends,
'
It is with deep sadness that I have to share with you that our Morocco team for this year has had to be cancelled. The Village of Hope where we would have been running our summer camp has been basically shut down by the government. All of the foster parents have been expelled from the country. We are continuing to communicate with them and care for them as we are able, but after talking with others who are still in Morocco our feeling was that it was best not to bring a team in at this time which would draw attention to them. This is a matter for prayer.
'
But, we recently took a team to Haiti and are planning to take another team made up of BVBC folks and possibly Media Pres folks to minister there. The needs are incredible still. Anyone who says things are getting back to normal hasn't actually been there. We are working with a wonderful partner there and will have a place to stay and base ourselves out of. Our work will be medical in nature, but we need lots of help to make clinics work. If you love kids, they are everywhere and you'll have great chances to play and minister to them.
'
The cost will be somewhere between $1,300-$1,600 depending on airline flights. We are waiting back to hear confirmation of the dates of July 28- August 8. Please let me know if you might be interested in this opportunity. I wanted to let you know first.
'
Blessings,

Beth McMillen
Compassion Corps
(610)955-8057
'
There was an article in WORLD Magazine with more information about Morocco's crack down on Christians. It took some mental adjustment but I am now headed for Haiti. I have no medical expertise ... in fact I'm down right squeamish but I like kids. This trip is shorter in duration and costs less too.
'
To assist me in going to Haiti you may send a donation to; Compassion Corp / PO Box 103 / Chester Heights, PA 19017 Please include a note that your gift is designated to send Melanie Bird. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment